20/05/2013

Portchester castle

 
 
Yesterday we were visiting in
Portchester castle.
 
It has been built by Romans in the late 3rd century. The castle was initially constructed for defence purposes but later on got different purposes.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Eilen kavimme Portchesterin linnassa, jonka alunperin roomalaiset rakensivat 3. vuosisadalla.
Linna oli alun perin rakennettu puolustuksen kannalta, mutta myohemmin tuli muuhunkin kayttoon.
 
 
 
 
 

 
WHAT A VIEW! 



It was much better sightseeing that we expected. There was also some historic story to listen if you took some "audio device" from the ticket office. I didn't listen it cause I was so focused to took photos but my parents and even my brother said that it was really fun.


 The castle must have been really beautiful once..
 


 
The village next to Portchester castle... (Just next to Portsmouth) 



 After watching the castle enough we went to eat to Chinese buffet where I was last time with cousins... yammy!

No comments:

Post a Comment